1. The Yoga and Meditation we practice on our retreats is an original, mindful, authentic practice from Rishikesh at the foothills and rocks of the Himalayas in India. Each holistic practice includes a philosophical focus (improving your experience of life and enhancing your spirit), a meditation (to clear and balance your mind) and all of the major posture groups to bring a balance to all of the body’s systems. Because it is balanced it facilitates deep healing.
2. Each practice is done in nature. We have a large terrace for our retreats’ practices, mostly shaded. You will feel the sun on your face, see blue skies and hear the birds sing, giving you a deeper connection with the essence you share with all of nature. We’ll also take walks in nature and if you’re up for it between the rocks of the Sierra Castril, a swim too!
3. You will see an awesome part of Spain most visitors never see. We are close to a Natural Park, beautiful mountains and rock formations, a stunning lake (where you can swim) and close to a typical Andalusian village in the shadow of La Pena (the rock!) where you’ll be able to visit the market on a Friday and enjoy some traditional tapas.
4. Talking of food, the food we serve here is the very best of nutrition to enhance your experience. It is detoxifying, nutritious, mostly vegan, sattvic (in yoga this is the best quality for calming the mind and body for meditation. But most of all, it is super tasty.
5. There are two main practices per day. In between, there are excursions (included) and opportunities for healing treatments and satsang (discussion of topics on holistic yoga and how they can optimise you health).
6. You’ll get to practice other varied styles of yoga practice all during your week in retreat. For example bhakti, kundalini, hatha-raja, satsang, puja, satkarma which will enhance the results and affects of your retreat and give you other great habits to practice and incorporate into your daily life. Chinmayi has a wealth of knowledge to offer and share with you. Even if you’ve been here on one of our retreats before, you will have new and extremely beneficial experiences and practices to take home.
7. It’s quiet here! This is not a holiday resort. You can laugh, chant, scream, cry and roar like a lion as much as you want to on our retreats. No-one is going to come and take you away! At the same time, you will find peace, tranquility and bliss when you want that too.
8. We offer a transfer. Because we are so remote, public transport is scarce. We provide a free pick up and drop off from Malaga airport on the first day, provided you arrive late morning/early lunchtime.
9. The price offers stupendous value from £747! This includes full board (3 meals per day), beautiful accommodation in a shared house, all tuition, excursions and transport. The deposit is just £150 with the balance being payable 1 month before. And if you quote ROCK in replying to this email before 7th April, you’ll qualify for a blissful £100 discount. If you are a teacher and/or you recommend someone, we offer an introductory payment of £50.
10. Because THEY said so! …
“Go – you will come home feeling completely revived!”
“Everyone on the holiday was made to feel special. The holiday leaders were discreetly attentive to all our needs.”
“Great value for money- a must do again trip for the mind body and spirit.”
“The food was a delight. We loved the colourful, nutritious and delicious meals everyday. Wonderful.”
“If you are looking for an invigorating, relaxing, exciting and magical experience with warm hearted, beautiful souls in a stunning setting
– this is the retreat for you.”
Want to know more? Skip over HERE now!